Some call it a career. For us it's a calling.
National Jewish Health South Denver is seeking an Access Representative II to join our dedicated team. The South Denver office is a satellite office of National Jewish Health and we are located on the Swedish Medical Center campus in Englewood. Our providers are specialists in pulmonary diseases and sleep medicine.
This position will have a high level of impact on our patients as it is the first point of contact for our patients and customers. Our Access Representative II collaborates with both staff and providers to provide outstanding patient care and a positive experience for our patients.
The candidate selected for this position will thrive working in a fast paced, fun environment with a focus on detail and quality. The ideal candidate will be passionate about customer service and have the ability to independently problem solve.
If you believe in working for an organization where Breathing Science is Life, we invite you to join our team!
To schedule patient appointments for physician and ancillary services. To accurately collect all necessary patient demographic and insurance information. To maintain communications with both patients and clinical staff regarding scheduling issues.
- Provides excellent customer service to patients, co-workers, physicians and clinical staff. Greets customers on the telephone, assesses needs and provides information and/or service requested. Directs patient calls to appropriate departments.
- Collects all necessary patient demographic, insurance and clinical information and updates changes when needed.
- Schedules new patient appointment using symptoms and clinical information collected. Determines which physician and/or clinic can best serve the patient. Schedules patient appointments for physician and ancillary services in a timely and accurate manner. Accurately update and maintain patient wait list.
- Ensures that patient’s insurance allows them to be seen with scheduled physician at National Jewish.
- Refers patients to financial counseling if necessary.
- Ensures referrals for services are obtained. Communicates with utilization management if necessary to ensure that services are authorized prior to the scheduled appointment. Accurately update and maintain waitlist.
- Enters physician orders and clinical details into the Registration order entry system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Notifies admissions department of need for direct patient contact and follow up.
- Communicates with clinicians to ensure that patient appointments are accurately ordered and scheduled. Manages physician schedules as assigned to ensure that schedules are full and accurate.
- Maintains communications with patients to keep them apprised of the status of their appointments. Acts as a problem solver with patients, clinicians and departments to ensure that scheduling is performed with the highest level of customer service. Monitors all aspects of individual patient schedules for continuity of appointments and appropriate prerequisite appointments.
- Self reviews scheduled appointments to ensure account is correctly set up. Serves as a backup for other personnel in the Adult Administrative Services Department.
- Maintains appropriate level of knowledge regarding NJH clinical operations, insurance procedures, and clinical terminology and coding practices. Maintains appropriate level of expertise with the Registration and Scheduling systems.
Knowledge and Skills:
Effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills, including handling difficult customers. Strong problem resolution skills. Effective computer skills. Strong typing: minimum of 40 words per minute. Experience prioritizing and organizing work in an environment with frequent interruptions. Familiarity with medical terminology.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Associates degree in business, nursing or health care administration, preferred.
A minimum of two (2) or more years of recent and related experience in a health care or customer service environment required.