National Jewish Health/National Jewish Health - Galleria Office Towers/Health Initiatives
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 12713
National Jewish Health is currently seeking an Account Manager to join our Health Initiatives team. The candidate selected for this role will be have a passion for building and maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients, will be very well organized, and will have documented success in growing business opportunities.
This position is critical to the success of the Health Initiatives department. Providing great customer service to our clients, working with internal National Jewish Health staff to improve the client experience, and collaborating on client retention strategies are paramount to our success.
Responsible for client acquisition, engagement and management for Health Initiatives (HI). This position is responsible for cultivating and maintaining strong client relationships to support business retention and growth strategies. Oversees a portfolio of assigned clients, develops new business from existing clients and seeks new sales opportunities. Strategically engages clients to help identify and develop solutions to meet their needs and ensures client contract requirements are met.
- Develops and executes business retention and growth strategies consistent with the business plan for current and new accounts. Operates as the lead point of contact for matters specific to their accounts.
- Builds and maintains strong, long-lasting customer relationships. Serves as a trusted advisor ensuring timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to client needs and objectives.
- Oversees a portfolio of assigned clients and strategically partners with them to understand their objectives and facilitate achievement toward those goals.
- Proactively manages client performance guarantees and ensures contractual obligations are fulfilled. Identifies client issues and engages appropriate stakeholders in problem resolution.
- Works with the Senior Manager, Business Development to identify and acquire new clients and expand existing business opportunities.
- Provides consultative and proactive upsell recommendations to current clients on additional programs and product expansion.
- Tracks, monitors and reports on performance indicators such as product usage, contract deliverables and revenue metrics.
- Prepares and performs proactive communications to clients, stakeholders and/or other associated groups.
- Coordinates contract initiation and intersects with appropriate staff to determine pricing and other contract requirements. Supports the negotiation of agreements and closing of contracts to maximize revenue growth. Responsible for understanding and guiding contract deliverables and supporting budgets.
- Maintains account information in Salesforce.com including sales data, potentials challenges and guides key customer sales opportunities.
- Participates in educational opportunities, reads professional publications, maintains personal networks, participates in professional organizations.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Customer Focus: Ensures that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafts and implements service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs, builds productive customer relationships, takes responsibility for customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Initiative: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively manages one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility and makes adjustment when needed.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
- Professional Development or Continuous Learning and Development: Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill to enhance their contribution to the organization.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree required
Four (4) years of client and/or account management experience required. Experience in health care preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure