Acknowledgement Administrative Assistant
National Jewish Health/National Jewish Health - Galleria Office Towers/Direct Mail
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Req # 12609
This position is responsible for generating tribute acknowledgements, tribute cards & preparing general tax receipts and acknowledgements for mailing along with answering donor comment mail and conducting overall maintenance of donor records.
- Drafts letters and donor correspondence for review.
- Creates tax receipt/acknowledgements (below $500) and tribute cards; prepare tax receipts/acknowledgments for mailing.
- Maintain Tribute files and generates related reporting.
- Verifies gift processing data entry against source documentation, highlights error and makes appropriate changes in Raiser’s Edge.
- Responds to donor comments on all returned mail.
- Inputs database corrections (address changes, coding and special notes) and researches/reprocesses credit card denials.
- Coordinates and produces bi-monthly Yahrzeit acknowledgements before they are mailed. Assures the date of acknowledgements coincides with the Hebrew date.
- Answers and/or directs phone calls from donors regarding fundraising at National Jewish, and Direct Marketing in particular.
- Tracks, logs and monitors weekly balance of business reply accounts, replenishing as needed.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
- Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
- Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
- Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
- Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
- Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
- Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Knowledge and Skills
Effective problem-solving skills, action-oriented, energetic and knowledgeable administrator capable of organization and delivering services for the development department with professionalism, sensitivity and integrity. Excellent communication and organizational skills; ability to prioritize and meet deadlines; attention to detail; and proficient PC skills, including constituent software required. Experience in database management and other fundraising software, preferred.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
Certification and Licensure
A minimum of one (1) year clerical experience, including data entry, word processing and other basic computer skills required.
- or - Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience
Position is an office environment. Frequent requirements may include: sitting for extended periods, entering and manipulating data on a workstation computer and participating in team/executive meetings. Approximately 75% of daily responsibilities will be working both one-on-one and in teams with other personnel and extended one-on-one contact in a quiet environment where hearing and listening is paramount. Must possess the ability to communicate by observation, verbal, written and listening; standing; walking; climbing stairs; stooping to remove/replace files; good hand-eye coordination; lifting, pulling, pushing, and upper body twisting while handling supplies and equipment; sitting while completing paperwork; using keyboard for PC and word processing needs. Occasional requirements may include: stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and lift/move up to 25 pounds. Incumbent may be scheduled to work an alternate schedule to accommodate essential business needs routine travel by foot or automobile to alternate work/meeting locations, possibly during inclement weather.
No environmental conditions indicated. Professional office environment with time of each day spent in interaction with management/staff, in addition to planning and working autonomously. Requires teamwork and the ability to handle multiple interruptions; frequently fast-paced; high-pressure; occasionally variable-paced; variable pressure. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to each employee when needed as determined by policy. Utilization of PPE is mandatory. Estimated 1700 employees in the worksite.