National Jewish Health is currently seeking an Administrative Professional II to join our Los Angeles Regional Office team. The Administrative Professional II works closely with the Senior Associate Director of Special Events and the entire Los Angeles team who are all committed to making a difference to change the lives of patients worldwide. The ideal candidate is computer savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, has strong organizational skills, and an exceptional work ethic. Candidates who are familiar with Raiser’s Edge, etapestry, Salesforce, or another CRM database are encouraged to apply. Successful incumbent will be an experienced multi-tasker who can prioritize assignments under pressure ensuring each is executed to the smallest detail. This opportunity is great for individuals who have an interest in special events and fundraising, along with the ambition to learn by supporting the production of events. The Administrative Professional II is a natural collaborator, effective communicator, and ready to roll up their sleeves! This position will provide an exciting opportunity to learn the ins and outs of special events in the nonprofit sector and be a part of a small yet dynamic team.
The Administrative Professional II will:
- Maintain special events mailing lists
- Prepare all materials for the special events leadership committee meetings, including attendance roster and minutes
- Create all special events PowerPoint presentations and day of event materials
- Assist in supporting and executing special events, including reviewing vendor contracts and proofs and onsite management on event day
1. Types correspondence, memos, reports, or other documents to include formatting documents, spelling and punctuating accurately, and proofreading.
2. Assists in the development of spreadsheets, tracking tools, presentations, and speeches using the appropriate software.
3. Answers, screens and routes phone calls, takes messages, schedules appointments, and manages calendars.
4. Duplicates documents, processes and distributes mail, sets up and maintains filing systems. Is responsible for trouble-shooting office equipment problems.
5. Makes travel arrangements including transportation and hotel reservations, as directed.
6. May be responsible for setting up conferences, seminars dinners or special programs.
7. Orders supplies from internal and external sources and processes reimbursements and maintains records of these.
8. May assist with the preparation of grants and contracts and routing of them for approvals. Acts as a team member providing back up for staff absences and vacancies, as needed or directed.
1. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Attention to Detail: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
3. Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
4. Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
5. Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School diploma required. Bachelor degree preferred.
2 years of administrative aasistant or related office setting experience required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure