Provides support as an Administrative Professional for departments with direct supervision. Serves as a liaison to various internal and external customers.
1. Types correspondence, memos, reports, or other documents to include formatting documents, spelling and punctuating accurately, and proofreading.
2. Assists in the development of spreadsheets, tracking tools, presentations, and speeches using the appropriate software.
3. Answers, screens and routes phone calls, takes messages, schedules appointments, and manages calendars.
4. Duplicates documents, processes and distributes mail, sets up and maintains filing systems. Is responsible for trouble-shooting office equipment problems.
5. May makes travel arrangements including transportation and hotel reservations, as directed.
6. May be responsible for setting up conferences, seminars dinners or special programs.
7. Orders supplies from internal and external sources and processes reimbursements and maintains records of these.
1. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Attention to Detail: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
3. Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
4. Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School diploma required
2 years of administrative aasistant or related office setting experience preferred
Special Training, Certification or Licensure