Provides intermediate level direct support as Administrative Professional for departments with intermediate supervision. Serves as a liaison to various internal and external customers.
- Types correspondence, memos, reports, or other documents to include formatting documents, spelling and punctuating accurately, and proofreading.
- Assists in the development of spreadsheets, tracking tools, presentations, and speeches using the appropriate software.
- Answers, screens and routes phone calls, takes messages, schedules appointments, and manages calendars.
- Duplicates documents, processes and distributes mail, sets up and maintains filing systems. Is responsible for trouble-shooting office equipment problems.
- Makes travel arrangements including transportation and hotel reservations, as directed.
- May be responsible for setting up conferences, seminars dinners or special programs.
- Orders supplies from internal and external sources and processes reimbursements and maintains records of these.
- May assist with the preparation of grants and contracts and routing of them for approvals.
- Acts as a team member providing back up for staff absences and vacancies, as needed or directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School diploma required
2 years of administrative aasistant or related office setting experience required
Special Training, Certification or Licensure