Some call it a career. For us it’s a calling.
National Jewish Health is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant III to join our growing and fast paced Finance team. Qualified candidates will be motivated by: the smallest detail being executed to perfection; effectively juggling multiple priorities through to completion; and successfully anticipating the needs of others. Our team is comprised of individuals who are committed to making a difference to change the lives of patients worldwide.
As the Administrative Assistant III, this position is integral to the operational success of the Finance Team. The incumbent will provide exemplary administrative support and possess a willingness to go where they are needed. The ideal candidate will be able to preserve confidentiality of all materials handled and will have the capacity to establish and maintain constructive business relationships with internal and external customers. This position will provide an exciting opportunity to learn new things and be a part of a dynamic team.
As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, National Jewish Health is pioneering a new era of preventive and personalized medicine. By combining our efforts in comprehensive care, academic education and ground-breaking research, we're able to develop treatments that help our patients live more productive lives. If you believe in Science Transforming Life, we invite you to join our team.
Provides advanced level direct support as Administrative Professional to management level and faculty positions with minimal supervision. May assist faculty with grant applications and grant submission processes. Serves as a liaison to various internal and external customers.
1. Types correspondence, memos, reports, manuscripts, grants, presentations, speeches or other documents to include formatting documents, spelling and punctuating accurately, proofreading and editing final copy. May use sophisticated software requiring a high degree of independent functioning.
2. May assist with the grant submission process by coordinating application segments. Ensures that grants are filled out correctly on the proper forms. May complete and route Internal Research Review forms, obtaining the appropriate approvals. Tracks and confirms acceptance of the grant by the sponsor.
3. Answers, screens and routes phone calls, takes messages, schedules appointments, and manages calendars.
4. Duplicates documents, processes and distributes mail, sets up and maintains filing systems. Is responsible for trouble-shooting office equipment problems.
5. Makes travel arrangements, arranges travel itineraries for management and/or faculty, as well as outside visitors or speakers. Is responsible for setting up conferences, seminars, dinners and/or special programs and producing event announcements. Prepares itineraries including scheduling interviews, seminars and announcements.
6. Orders supplies from internal and external sources and processes reimbursements. Maintains financial records and may monitor expenditures and reimbursements.
7. Works with departmental managers/directors to ensure compliance with institutional and departmental policies and procedures. This may include working with managers/directors of affiliate and observer programs as well as mentorship and/or training programs.
8. May assist clinical faculty with credentialing paper work. May assist faculty with the preparation of promotional and periodic review packets and prepares packets for submission, demonstrating a knowledge of current guidelines pertinent to the respective institution.
9. Acts as a team member providing back up for staff absences and vacancies, as needed.
1. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Attention to Detail: Accomplishes tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
3. Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
4. Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
5. Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
6. Initiative: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive. Responds quickly, takes independent action, goes above and beyond.
7. Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures. Tries to understand changes; approaches change or newness positively; adjusts behavior.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School diploma required.
5 years of administrative assistant or related office setting experience required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure