This position provides support to the Adult Administrative Supervisors and is responsible for supporting the day to day operations of Adult Administrative Services. This position contributes significantly to overall customer satisfaction by ensuring that the Adult Administrative Services teams are well motivated and trained, so they can respond to customer requests, issues and concerns and resolve them in a timely and professional manner. This position is responsible for assisting the Supervisor with development, analyses and implementation of staffing and training.
- Provides excellent customer service to patients, co-workers, physicians and clinical staff.
- On-boards and supports new employees after they complete New Hire training.
- Reviews recorded calls, live interactions and contact for coaching opportunities to advance training and highlight opportunities within the team for improved customer service or processes. Provides feedback to Supervisors for coaching.
- Assists employees and patients with escalated patient interactions.
- Acts as first point of contact for questions and assistance for staff.
- Responsible for facilitating opening and closing procedures.
- Fully knowledgeable in admissions, contact center, check-out, and utilization management processes in order to provide day to day assistance, coverage, and support both patients and staff.
- Participates in Quality Assessment (QA), Quality Improvement (QI) programs and reporting as directed.
- Follows and initiates emergency procedures.
- Serves as backup for other personnel in the Adult Administrative Services Department.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Peer Relations: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school graduate or equivalent required. College courses preferred.
A minimum of two (2) years of admissions, patient scheduling, or utilization management experience required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure