Admission Services Representative
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Patient Admission Call Center
Work Hours: 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Req # 13670
The Admission Services Representative is the first on-site point of contact for patients at National Jewish Health. This position is responsible for registering patients, providing outstanding customer service, updating PatientTrak and maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Provides excellent customer service to patients, physicians, co-workers and clinical staff including: greeting patients, answering questions, and providing direction and instructions as necessary.
- Completes the patient registration process by ensuring accounts open and appointments occur on the correct account. Verifies insurance coverage is current, authorizations and referrals are in place accurately and timely. Print Facesheet, labels and patient schedules as needed.
- Collect payments from patients and accurately reconciles cash.
- Scans documentation, insurance cards and photo IDs. Accurately transfers information to appropriate systems.
- Maintains knowledge of NJH clinical operations, opening/closing procedures and expertise of the following systems: Affinity Registration, EMR, Passport, Tempus, Touchscan, Virtual merchant, PatientTrak, and IPad systems.
- Keeps up to date and actively educated with new insurance updates and policies.
- Confirms patient appointments and follows the late patient procedures.
- Assures that workflow processes are followed according to policy and Joint Commission requirements.
- Assist with various reports and tasks.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Peer Relations: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent require
- Work Experience: 1 year of customer service experience required. 1 year of medical front office experience, admissions and/or patient registration preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None