Admissions Concierge Representative
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Patient Admission Call Center
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 7:00AM-3:30PM
Req # 12877
The Admissions Concierge Representative is responsible for greeting and navigating patients/guests in registration lobby. Provide assistance to patients checking-in for services, and expedite patient flow. Navigate patient/guest flow in registration and Smith Clinic areas to ensure an overall positive customer experience.
- Greets, assists, and acts as a point of contact for patients, families and NJH staff members while providing a high level of customer service.
- Updates and maintains accurate patient tracking to better monitor patient location.
- Assures that workflow processes are followed according to policy and Joint Commission requirements.
- Prints face sheets, labels and provide appropriate paperwork for patients as needed.
- Confirms patient appointments, answers and directs phone calls and prints patient daily itinerary as needed.
- Maintains appropriate level of knowledge regarding NJH clinical operations.
- Maintains knowledge of NJH clinical operations, opening procedures and expertise of the following systems: Affinity, Tempus, PatientTrak, and IPad systems.
- Effectively administers policies and procedures for late patients and patients with no appointments.
- Serves as a backup for other personnel in the Adult Administrative Services Department.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Peer Relations: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
A minimum of six months customer service experience required. Experience in a hospital or medical office preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure