This position greets patients in the front admissions area or at the Smith Concierge desk. Coordinates and performs all the administrative support tasks necessary for patient admission including the registering of patients, providing outstanding customer service, updating and moving patients in the patient tracking system and caring for the needs of checking in and checking out patients in the Smith Clinic Concierge area.
1. Greets and assists all NJH patients, staff and visitors.
2. Opens accounts in registration program and insures that the patient appointments occur on the correct account.
3. Updates and maintains accurate patient tracking to better monitor patient location.
4. Assures that workflow processes are followed according to policy and Joint Commission requirements.
5. Prints face sheets, labels and provide appropriate paperwork for patients.
6. Confirms patient appointments, answers and directs phone calls and prints patient daily itinerary as needed.
7. Maintains appropriate level of knowledge regarding NJH clinical operations. Is actively educated with new insurance updates and policies.
8. Maintains appropriate level of expertise with all computer systems utilized in admissions within National Jewish.
9. Effectively administers policies and procedures for late patients and patients with no appointments.
10. Acts as a point of contact for Physicians, patients, families and other staff members.
11. Performs as a back up to staff absences and vacations as needed.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
2. Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
3. Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
4. Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
5. Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
6. Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and center-wide specific programs.
7. Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the center, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Knowledge and Skills
Must have exemplary customer service skills and effective oral and written communication skills. Excellent people skills. Ability to handle difficult customers and have polite phone etiquette. Ability to multi task and work in an environment with frequent interruptions. Strong computer skills. Ability to perform basic math and balance cash and credit card receipts daily.
Certification and Licensure
High school diploma or equivalent.
Five (5) years of customer service experience preferred as well as one (1) year healthcare setting experience.
- or - Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience
Position is an office environment. Frequent requirements may include: sitting for extended periods, entering and manipulating data on a workstation computer and participating in team meetings. Approximately 75% of daily responsibilities will be working one-on-one in teams with other personnel and extended one-on-one contact in a busy environment where hearing and listening is paramount. Must possess the ability to communicate by observation, verbal, written and listening; standing, walking, climbing stairs, stooping to remove files or other duties, good hand-eye coordination, lifting, pulling, and upper body twisting while handling supplies, using keyboard for PC and word processing needs. Occasional requirements may include: stand walk, use hands to manipulate, handle and feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel and lift up to 25 pounds. Incumbent may be scheduled to work an alternative schedule to accommodate essential business needs.
No environmental conditions indicated. Professional office environment with time of each day spent in interaction with management/staff, in addition to planning and working autonomously. Requires teamwork and the ability to handle multiple interruptions; frequently fast-paced; high-pressure; occasionally variable-paced; variable pressure. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to each employee when needed as determined by policy. Utilization of PPE is mandatory. Estimated 1700 employees in the worksite.