National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Genetics
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 13238
Designs, manages and analyzes research data provided by National Jewish Health faculty and researchers, federally funded grants and entities outside National Jewish Health.
- Works with researchers to design, manage, analyze and provide reporting plansn for research projects.
- Prepares datasets for analysis.
- Creates statistical programs for data manipulation and analysis with software packages such as R and SAS.
- Provides expertise in statistics and computing in collaboration with investigators.
- Writes analytical sections of manuscripts and grants, and co-authors research articles.
- Implements data management and data quality control plans.
- Advises researchers about analytical software and to a limited degree, hardware.
- Analyzes data both independently and in conjunction with faculty.
- Assists investigators in running analysis and presentation programs.
- Participates in recommending software and hardware changes.
- Keeps abreast of new discoveries in science, i.e. genetics, genomics, and methods for analysis of these data.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Master’s degree in biostatistics or related field required.
A minimum of two (2) years recent and related experience with statistical analysis of scientific data.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure