Bronchoscopy Technologist (RT) - Pool/PRN
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/MIDC
Pool/Per Diem (no benefits)
Work Hours: 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 12879
- Assists physicians with bronchoscope and laryngoscope procedures.
- Prepares bronchoscopy and endoscopy procedure rooms. Cleans instruments, handles and prepares tissue, lavage and fluid specimens to applicable standards.
- Withdraws arterial blood including single puncture, arterial-line insertion, and sampling from an arterial line.
- Maintains knowledge and use of appropriate computer systems within the department and hospital.
- Stock supplies and equipment to ensure uninterrupted service, as necessary.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignment.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.