Call Center Supervisor - Health and Wellness
National Jewish Health/National Jewish Health - Galleria Office Towers/Quitlogix
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 2:30 - 10:00 PN
Req # 12756
Supervises and coordinates the daily operations for the coaches within Health Initiatives. This includes service levels, client and participant complaints, employee performance, personnel issues, and training for the department. Accountable for creating a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of and assures departmental compliance with quality and call center standards.
- Manages/supervises and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, interviews, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors, evaluates, coaches, counsels, and disciplines, and rewards. Establishes and monitors staff safety and regulatory compliance.
- Monitors and supports the day to day performance of the call center, including real-time agent performance and agent motivation through positive communication and feedback.
- Ensures agents utilize assessment tools, motivational interviewing techniques and maintain motivational interviewing standards in order to meet established metrics and quality scores.
- Supports quality service by monitoring participant satisfaction reporting. Conducts routine call monitoring and review of completed quality audits. Partners with training and quality teams to identify and implement continuing education to meet ongoing call center needs.
- Supports the department’s internal assist line and email box. Utilizes interactions with agents to identify, initiate, and drive program, case-management, and departmental improvement. Collaborates with Health Initiatives leadership groups to drive continuous improvements and process efficiencies.
- Participates in a rotating on call schedule.
- Supports client requests, studies and implementation of new contacts or programs.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building a Successful Team: Using appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team, aligns vision with shared values, manages change and encourages innovation.
- Champion of Change: Facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace. Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Coaching and Teaching Others: Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Drive for Results: Setting high goals for personal and group accomplishment; using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goals; tenaciously working to meet or exceed goals while deriving satisfaction from that achievement and continuous improvement.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Supervises 1-20 employees
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree Required, preferably in health sciences, health education, behavioral science, or social science.
A minimum of two years of call center operations experience and two years of leading and/or supervisory experience required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure