Supervises and coordinates the daily operations for the coaching staff within the Health Initiatives department. This includes service levels, staffing, workflow distribution, reports, client and participant complaints, employee performance, personnel issues, and training for the department. Accountable for creating a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of and assures departmental compliance with quality and call center standards.
1. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors and rewards.
2. Manages/supervises and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, motivation, rewards, guidance and resources. Directs training and continuing education activities for staff.
3. Evaluates staff performance regularly and determines merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions.
4. Ensures the coaching staff utilizes assessment tools, motivational interviewing techniques and maintains motivational interviewing standards.
5. Monitors staff performance, including schedule adherence, participant enrollment/participation, productivity and other departmental goals.
6. Ensures optimal communication and education through one on ones, staff meetings, assist line support, written memos and emails.
7. Monitors and supports in the day to day performance of the call center operations, including real-time agent performance, skill assignments, workflow distribution, staffing requirements and call center metrics.
8. Ensures quality service by monitoring satisfaction reporting and conducting routine call monitoring and quality audits.
9. Supports client requests, studies and implementation of new contacts or programs.
1. Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
2. Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
3. Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
4. Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
5. Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
6. Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
7. Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Knowledge and Skills
Effective project and time management skills. Effective verbal, written communication and problem solving skills are required. Ability to work in teams and independently as well as coordinate and lead staff. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required.
Bachelor’s degree required, behavioral health experience, preferred.
Certification and Licensure
A minimum of four (4) years of direct experience within call center operations, including a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience required.
- or - Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience
Position is an office environment. Frequent requirements may include: sitting for extended periods, entering and manipulating data on a workstation computer and participating in team/executive meetings. Approximately 75% of daily responsibilities will be working both one-on-one and in teams with other personnel and extended one-on-one contact in a quiet environment where hearing and listening is paramount. Must possess the ability to communicate by observation, verbal, written and listening; standing; walking; climbing stairs; stooping to remove/replace files; good hand-eye coordination; lifting, pulling, pushing, and upper body twisting while handling supplies and equipment; sitting while completing paperwork; using keyboard for PC and word processing needs. Occasional requirements may include: stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and lift/move up to 25 pounds. Incumbent may be scheduled to work an alternate schedule to accommodate essential business needs routine travel by foot or automobile to alternate work/meeting locations, possibly during inclement weather.
No environmental conditions indicated. Professional office environment with time of each day spent in interaction with management/staff, in addition to planning and working autonomously. Requires teamwork and the ability to handle multiple interruptions; frequently fast-paced; high-pressure; occasionally variable-paced; variable pressure. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to each employee when needed as determined by policy. Utilization of PPE is mandatory. Estimated 1700 employees in the worksite.
Manages 1-20 employees