Check Out Representative
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Patient Admission Call Center
Pool/Per Diem (no benefits)
Work Hours: 7AM-530PM
Req # 12912
The Check-Out Representative is responsible for assisting patients following their clinic appointments and offering them friendly and prompt assistance while coordinating care. The Check-Out Representative will review the provider’s orders and schedule appointments as appropriate.
- Provide excellent customer service to patients, physicians, co-workers and clinical staff including: greeting patients, answering questions, and providing direction and instructions as necessary.
- Schedules patient appointments for both physician and ancillary departments appropriately and accurately using symptoms and clinical information collected. Follows all scheduling and admission processes.
- Communicates with patients to keep them appraised of the status of their appointments. Monitors all aspects of individual patient schedules for continuity of appointments and appropriate prerequisite appointments.
- Communicates with Admissions, Financial Counseling, and Utilization Management when necessary to ensure a successful patient visit.
- Maintains knowledge of NJH clinical operations, insurance procedures, and clinical terminology. Maintains appropriate level of expertise with Affinity Registration, EMR, Tempus, Touchscan, and PatientTrak.
- Assures that workflow processes are followed according to policy and Joint Commission requirements.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Peer Relations: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School Diploma or equivalent required
1 year of customer service experience required. 1 year of patient scheduling experience preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure