Provides customer support to the laboratory client service program.
1. Communicates with clients and assists them with questions regarding the diagnostic laboratory services. Includes sending sending results by printer, fax, and mail, or delivers to on-campus locations.
2. Reviews specimen master logs, performs Daily QA and requisition scanning, handle multi-line phones, filing, archiving, labeling, sorting, and photocopying.
3. Acts as a link between clients and all other areas of the institution by responding promptly to questions and concerns. Recognizes and resolves potential problems and is able to explain specimen collection, draw procedures and lab test requirements.
4. Uses multiple applications to access data and complete data entry. Routes information to other deaprtments as required.
5. Assits the Marketing Department by providing information and feedback to maintain effective client relations.
6. Trains and support clients as needed. Perform client outreach as directed.
1. Stocks, organizes, and orders supplies for uninterrupted service.
2. Attends continuing education programs sponsored by National Jewish, manufacturer in-services, and/or professional society programs, as directed.
3. Participates and assists the supervisor with departmental projects for quality assurance and quality improvement.
4 Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
2. Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
3. Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
4. Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
2 years of Customer Service Related Experience
Special Training, Certification or Licensure