Processes orders placed by physicians in the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) and seeing them through to completion. Works closely with physicians, patients, outside facilities, and durable medical equipment companies.
1. Check for and obtain prior authorization from insurance companies for ancillary physician orders such as CT scans, sleep studies, and durable medical equipment.
2. Gathers appropriate chart notes and documentation showing medical necessity to send to facilities where testing will be done.
3. Follows Medicare guidelines for oxygen and sleep equipment to ensure timely ordering of equipment and scheduling of follow up appointments.
4. Coordinates physician schedules with procedures that are scheduled at area facilities.
5. Send appropriate records for referrals to other specialists. Coordinate all orders with physician’s schedules, patients and outside facilities.
6. Monitors physician’s orders within EMR for completion.
7. Serves as the primary contact for DME companies relative to completing orders for durable medical equipment.
1. Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
2. Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
3. Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
4. Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
5. Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
6. Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
7. Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
8. Perseverance/Resourcefulness: Accesses and utilizes available resources inside and outside the company.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school diploma required.
Two years experience working in healthcare required. EMR-Allscripts systems experience preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure