Clinical Intake LPN
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Patient Utilization Manage
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 08:00-4:30PM
Req # 12820
The LPN manages telephone communications with patients, families, and other members of the healthcare team. The LPN serves to assess each customer’s needs, provide education and identify and facilitate admission appropriately. The LPN appoints and transfers messages to the appropriate unit when calls are escalated and unit specific guidance is necessary from an RN. The LPN provides appropriate advice to patients within the scope of practice, directs patients to the appropriate level of care, and communicates to physicians when necessary.
- Provides safe and appropriate patient care within scope of practice and established policies and procedures.
- Utilizes departmental processes of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to provide continuing health care to individuals, families.
- Performs in-take assessment, via telephone, to determine customers’ needs, reviews and provides current and accurate medical, program and research information; identifies those appropriate for potential admission; obtains a brief, concise intake history and facilitates admission process as required, following Policies & Procedures.
- Demonstrates an appropriate clinical knowledge base and job-specific clinical skills.
- Contributes toward an efficiently functioning call center.
- Performs competencies (including age-specific competencies) as identified through the departmental competency program.
- Provides appropriate education to patients/families utilizing effective teaching skills, and National Jewish supportive materials.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Ethics: Practices ethically; Integrates the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements to guide practice; demonstrates compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth and unique attributes of all people; advocates for healthcare consumer’s rights to informed decision-making and self-determination; maintains therapeutic relationships and professional boundaries; safeguards privacy and confidentiality of healthcare consumers, and their data and information [Standard of Professional Performance (SPP) 7].
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Graduation from an Accredited LPN Program required.
A minimum of one (1) year of recent and related LPN experience required. Some call center experience preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Current Colorado LPN license required. CPR/BLS required.