Clinical Procedures Coordinator
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Patient Admin Services
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 13675
The Clinical Procedures Coordinator is responsible for building and maintaining each physician schedule template in the QES Scheduling System in accordance to physician availability. Establishes strong working relationships with Clinical Leadership to maximize patient and physician satisfaction.
- Sets up and maintains physician schedule templates in QES Scheduling System.
- Conducts regular audits of the schedule and physician orders to ensure timely scheduling and rescheduling of physician and ancillary testing appointments.
- Identifies hindering factors that create scheduling issues with physician, departmental leadership, and practice managers, developing resolutions for the issues and ensuring maximum efficiency goals for patients, staff and ancillary staffing are met.
- Maintains communication with patients to keep them apprised of the status of their appointments.
- Builds and maintains relationships among physicians, nursing, and practice managers to ensure quality service is delivered.
- Maintains appropriate level of expertise with QES scheduling system, Affinity registration system, and Allscripts EMR system. Maintains appropriate level of knowledge with NJH clinical operations.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Managing Work & Time: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e. budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless or individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in administrative, healthcare, communications, or other related field preferred.
- Work Experience: A minimum of 2 years of recent experience in daily administrative operations in a hospital or other outpatient healthcare setting required. Experience in healthcare scheduling preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None