Clinical Support Representative
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Sleep Lab
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 13000
Serves as the primary contact for patients, physicians and staff regarding the administrative aspects of a patient visit or service. Coordinates registration, scheduling and insurance functions as applicable to ensure efficient provision of patient care.
- Coordinates the administrative aspects of patient clinic visits and services including scheduling, insurance verification to include financial counseling, third-party authorization and charge entry, mailing of required forms and materials prior to the scheduled appointment. As appropriate, educates potential patients about the visit or service.
- Accurate data entry of patient demographic information including insurance information to facilitate accurate clinical billing for the patient clinic visit or service. As appropriate, collects co-pays as applicable and provides patient with receipt.
- Answers, screens and routes phone calls, which includes taking messages. Obtains patient records as needed and processes.
- As applicable, maintains proficiency in department information systems and software applications.
- Manages associated tasks in the EHR and other diagnostic systems.
- Coordinates communication between clinical and administrative team members and acts as a resource to patient and staff regarding administrative requirements.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
A minimum of two (2) years of recent and related experience in a medical office (or other healthcare) setting required. Experience in healthcare finance particularly in the areas of admissions and third-party insurance is desirable. Customer service experience is preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure