Some call it a career. For us it’s a calling.
National Jewish Health is currently seeking a Community Projects Research Assistant to join our Community Outreach and Behavior team. The candidate selected for this role will bring a host of skills and attributes to the team that include: responsibility for multiple activities using quality focused and analytical skills, accountability, detail orientation, responsibility, and have will a passion for learning.
This position will impact the institution and communities by leading multiple projects focused on improving services and quality of life of residents in the communities served. The selected candidate will partner and work with school nurses, primary health care providers and their organizations, and families. Our projects focus on improving the lung health of communities by partnering and working with multiple-community stakeholders. We work with communities that are disadvantaged in many ways and are therefore at greater risk for experiencing health inequities.
As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, National Jewish Health is pioneering a new era of preventive and personalized medicine. By combining our efforts in comprehensive care, academic education and ground-breaking research, we're able to develop treatments that help our patients live more productive lives. If you believe in Breathing Science is Life, we invite you to join our team.
Assists and supports the Community Outreach and Research Director with coordination and functional activities of, including but not limited to, development and maintenance of community and partner relations, project implementation, program evaluation and community engaged research, special projects, generation and dissemination of reports, and knowledge translation activities.
- Works with Director for IRB submission, approval and assurance of meeting regulatory requirements.
- Collaborates and works closely with community partners for the conduct of projects.
- Collaborates with Director and team members to plan, implement, assess and evaluate activities and efforts.
- Assists in developing training and informational materials.
- Oversees and collects data through multiple methods- conducting surveys, interviews and focus groups, administering questionnaires, and diaries.
- Responsible for data entry, data management, analysis and quality assurance processes to ensure data integrity across all projects and phases. Identify data related issues and proactively resolves issues while keeping Director informed.
- Assists with marketing, networking and communicating with community stakeholders and partners.
- Monitors, tracks and evaluates the project/grant timeliness, efficiency and quality.
- Works with the Director and team members to generate and share project reports.
- Acts as a liaison to other NJH personnel, outside partners/collaborators, and vendors.
- Assists with developing standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Assists with writing grants, manuscripts, articles, briefs, educational materials, and other knowledge translation activities.
- Attends staff, project and community partner meetings.
- Participates in dissemination activities.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
- Informing and Communicating: Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
20% local and within the state
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree, BS, or BA required
Recent and related experience in health, public health and or environmental health involving an evaluative focus is preferred. This may be considered in combination with educational preparation.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure