Performs food preparation and service for patients, cafeteria customers and catering functions following guidelines, standards and procedures established by the department.
- Reviews menu and plans for food preparation for following day which may include pulling meat for timely defrosting according to menus. Organizes cooking schedule to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Prepares and serves foods, which may include hot grilled and deep fried food for patients, cafeteria customers, school lunch and catering functions according to recipes as required.
- Performs basic cold food preparation for salads, desserts, and set up for patients, cafeteria, school breakfast, school lunch and catering functions as required.
- Cleans and sanitizes work area surfaces, cooking equipment, drawers, shelves, equipment, utensils, storage areas and walk-in refrigerators. Covers, labels, dates, refrigerate, or freezes left over food items as appropriate.
- Restocks supplies as needed.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred
A minimum of (1) year high volume/high production food service experience required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Serve Safe certification preferred.