Data Support Representative -- QI/QA
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Clinical Affairs
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 12778
The Data Support Representative extracts and enters data into databases from internal and external sources. This position creates and maintains internal departmental databases as directed. Responsible for the accuracy of internal data entry processing and locating and correcting internal data discrepancies.
- Extracts data from specified databases as directed.
- Performs chart or similar reviews to extract data as directed.
- May utilize appropriate phone skills for collecting questionnaire and related data.
- Responsible for the quality and maintenance of data entry. This includes reviewing and verifying data for accuracy and correcting any inaccurate data.
- Provides input and assists in the development, overall design, maintenance, and processing of databases and/or spreadsheets.
- May produce project reports, graphs, and database searches as directed.
- Provides support for the department by completing data entry and providing data reporting information of appropriate databases as directed.
- Possesses knowledge of and remains compliant with HIPAA and other related regulations regarding confidentiality and ethical issues of research subject data.
- May possess knowledge of each research protocol, records and data set to avoid deviations in data collection protocols.
- May maintain patient research files.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Minimum of one (1) year experience with computer based data entry required. Experience in healthcare environment preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure