This position will support COPDGene, an NIH-funded study that is studying the gentic epidemiology of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). The position is a part-time position that will involve the verification of residential addressed and then geocoding (using ArcGIS software). The ideal candidate will be familiar with GIS software.
The role being offered is a Pool/PRN position with variable hours for a short-term project. Current anticipated need is 5 - 10 hours per week.
1. Extracts data from specified databases as directed.
2. Performs chart or similar reviews to extract data as directed.
3. May utilize appropriate phone skills for collecting questionnaire and related data.
4. Responsible for the quality and maintenance of data entry. This includes reviewing and verifying data for accuracy and correcting any inaccurate data.
5. Provides input and assists in the development, overall design, maintenance, and processing of databases and/or spreadsheets.
6. May produce project reports, graphs, and database searches as directed.
7. Provides support for the department by completing data entry and providing data reporting information of appropriate databases as directed.
8. Possesses knowledge of and remains compliant with HIPAA and other related regulations regarding confidentiality and ethical issues of research subject data.
9. May possess knowledge of each research protocol, records and data set to avoid deviations in data collection protocols.
10. May maintain patient research files.
11. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
2. Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
3. Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
4. Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
5. Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
6. Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
7. Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Knowledge and Skills
Excellent organizational, computer, analytical, and communication skills required. High level of detailed orientation. Ability to manage multiple projects with flexibility and diplomacy. Statistical analysis skills preferred. Knowledge of computer databases and spreadsheets are required.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Certification and Licensure
Minimum of one (1) year experience with computer based data entry required. Experience in healthcare environment preferred.
- or - Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience
Position is in an office environment. Frequent requirements may include: sitting for extended periods, entering and manipulating data on a workstation computer and participating in team/executive meetings. Approximately 75% of daily responsibilities will be working both one-on-one and in teams with other personnel and extended one-on-one contact in a quiet environment where hearing and listening is paramount. Must possess the ability to communicate by observation, verbal, written and listening; standing; walking; climbing stairs; stooping to remove/replace files; good hand-eye coordination; lifting, pulling, pushing, and upper body twisting while handling supplies and equipment; sitting while completing paperwork; using keyboard for PC and word processing needs. Occasional requirements may include: stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and lift/move up to 25 pounds. Incumbent may be scheduled to work an alternate schedule to accommodate essential business needs; routine travel by foot or automobile to alternate work/meeting locations may be required, possibly during inclement weather.
No environmental conditions indicated. Professional office environment with time of each day spent in interaction with management/staff, in addition to planning and working autonomously. Requires teamwork and the ability to handle multiple interruptions; frequently fast-paced; high-pressure; occasionally variable-paced; variable pressure. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to each employee when needed as determined by policy. Utilization of PPE is mandatory. Estimated 1700 employees in the worksite.