Coordinates the scheduling of patients for clinical evaluation. Implements services that recognize needs and issues for customers served. Functions as part of the scheduling team.
- Responds to and facilitates patient referrals in a timely manner. Schedules all clinical and contract patients for clinical exams, including all necessary diagnostic testing and consultation. Completes appropriate requisitions and distributes them appropriate departments to facilitate patients’ clinical evaluations.
- Enters physician orders and clinical details into the Registration Order Entry system in a timely and accurate manner. Self reviews scheduled appointments to ensure account is correctly set up.
- Communicates with clinicians to ensure that patient appointments are accurately ordered and scheduled. Manages physician schedules as assigned to ensure that schedules are full and accurate. Maintains communications with patients to keep them apprised of the status of their appointments.
- Interacts with federal agencies and National Jewish Health utilization management as necessary to ensure that services are authorized prior to the scheduled appointment. Refers patients to Patient Financial Counseling/Business Office as necessary.
- Collects all necessary patient demographic, insurance and clinical information and updates changes when needed. Maintains a patient data base for tracking of new and follow-up patients.
- Maintains appropriate level of knowledge regarding clinical operations, insurance procedures, and clinical terminology. Maintains appropriate level of expertise with the Registration systems, Scheduling system, and Electronic Medical Record system.
- Serves as a backup for other personnel in the scheduling unit.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
A minimum of 1 year customer service experience required. Experience in health care environment preferred. Patient scheduling experience preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure