Diagnostic Radiology Technologist - Pool/PRN
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Imaging
Pool/Per Diem (no benefits)
Work Hours: 7:00 am - 6:00 pm
Req # 12534
Performs quality Diagnostic Radiology, Fluoroscopic, and Bone Density procedures in accordance with standards set by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) and the American Society for Radiologist Technologists (ASRT). This position works within the interdisciplinary team to provide safe and personalized care for patients.
- Conducts Diagnostic X-ray procedures providing high quality images to assist the Radiologist in accurate diagnosis.
- Performs all Fluoroscopic procedures proficiently while working in coordination with Radiologists, Radiologists Practitioner Assistants (RPA’s), Speech Therapists, and other qualified physicians as required.
- Maintains safe radiation safety practices during all Imaging procedures using ALARA (As Low as Reasonably Achievable) principles.
- Uses hospital information systems proficiently including EMR, scheduling, RIS and PACS software applications.
- Performs as back-up to staff absences and vacancies, as necessary.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient’s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Professional Development or Continuous Learning and Development: Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill to enhance their contribution to the organization.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Graduation from a JRCERT (Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology) certified radiologic technology program required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
1 year or greater experience as a Radiologic Technologist preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
- Current R.T. (R) certification with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT).
- Current CPR/BLS Healthcare Provider certification.