Director, Fundraising Special Projects & Strategic Initiatives
National Jewish Health/National Jewish Health - Galleria Office Towers/Development Administration
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 13619
The Director of Development Special Projects and Strategic Initiatives delivers project management, strategic planning, and implementation support for key organizational initiatives as assigned by the Vice President of Development.
- Responsible for implementing Development’s special projects including the development and implementation of long-range strategic initiatives, as determine by the Vice President of Development.
- Leads selected program-based special projects that requires cross-functional engagement with key staff across the organization as well as external stakeholders as appropriate.
- Partners with the Vice President of Development on implementing a financial reporting system to support fundraising efforts.
- Supports the Vice President in the development of departmental budgets and forecasting activities.
- Implements the Grateful Patient program and strategizes with Prospect Research to robustly build the donor pipeline in preparation for the next campaign
- Supports the Assistant Vice President of Campaign to develop campaign strategic plan, infrastructure, stewardship and recognition program for campaign donors to include dedications.
- Partners with the Vice President of Development to assist in the management of their portfolio of major donors and prospects for support.
- Supports the Vice President of Development in the preparation of board reports and nominating materials.
- Supports the Vice President of Development in executing priorities.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contributes as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals assuring the success of National Jewish Health.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifies opportunities and takes action to build strategic relationships between teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Business Acumen: Uses economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals across various departments; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor, and values the contributions of others.
- Creativity and Innovation: Applies creative problem-solving skills to develop solutions to problems; recognizes and demonstrates the value in taking “smart” risks and learning from mistakes; develops multiple alternatives and understands the feasibility of each; effectively shares and implements his/her ideas. Generates innovative solutions in work situations.
- Energy: Consistently maintains high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
- Initiative: Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives; takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required; is proactive.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
10% to 20% local travel and national travel may be required.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of eight (8) years experience with all phases of fundraising including campaigns. Experience in budget development required. Experience in major educational, research, or health-related institutions preferred.
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None