Provides Receiving Department support for the receipt, staging, and distribution of supplies and equipment for all departments.
- Assists with physical receipt of shipments; including dock control, helping carriers unload difficult items, moving and inspecting packages inside the Receiving area, breaking down shipping containers, identifying and counting packages, checking packages against receiving documents and purchase orders, and staging packages for prioritized deliveries.
- Responsible for documenting any shipment discrepancies on receiving documents and notifying the Distribution Coordinator or Receiving Supervisor. Discrepancies included but not limited to all shortages, overages, damages, wrong items, and missing parts.
- Performs data entry of receipts for all purchase orders and/or express courier shipments and print delivery tickets.
- Delivers goods to Denver campus departments based on priority, coordination with department staff, or special instructions from the Distribution Coordinator or Receiving Supervisor. Obtain signatures for all deliveries and file signed receiving documents in receiving files.
- Assists Facilities, Environmental Service and Food Services in the receipt and staging of their specialty products.
- Acts as a liaison to the Purchasing department on all receipt questions or problems.
- Assists with shipment preparation for couriers or other carriers.
- Responsible for pickup and deliveries of all specialty gas tanks to all departments, including tank room control.
- Cross trains in other areas of Central Service, Stores, and Mail Room.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work and Time / Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
1 year experience in a shipping/receiving/delivery role preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure