Provides logistical support for the receipt, storage and distribution of supplies and equipment for the Denver campus.
1. Assist with physical receipt of shipments, including dock control; helping carriers unload difficult items; moving and inspecting shipments inside the Receiving area; breaking down shipping containers; identifying and counting goods; checking goods against receiving documents and Purchase Orders; and staging goods for prioritized deliveries.
2. Note all shipment discrepancies on receiving documents and bring to the attention of the Distribution Coordinator or Supervisor, including all shortages, overages, damages, wrong items, missing parts, etc.
3. Perform data entry of receipts for all Purchase Orders or express courier shipments; and print delivery tickets.
4. Deliver goods to Denver campus departments based on priority, coordination with department staff, or special instructions from the Distribution Coordinator or Supervisor.
5. Obtain signatures for all deliveries and file signed receiving documents in Receiving files.
6. Assist with staging all shipments for Stores.
7. Assist with the receipt, delivery, retrieval and safe handling and storage of specialty gas cylinders each weekday.
8. Assist with delivery and pickup of U.S. and interdepartmental mail as needed.
9. Cross train on all Distribution Services tasks and assist or fill in for each other as directed by the Distribution Coordinator or Supervisor.
10. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
2. Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
3. Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
4. Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
5. Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
6. Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
7. Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Knowledge and Skills
Must be detail oriented and able to maintain focus and energy in a frequently fast paced environment. Must have good people and customer service skills. Must be able to communicate well with staff at all levels of the organization.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Training in safety, logistics and computer systems preferred.
Certification and Licensure
A minimum one (1) year in a receiving or general stores department utilizing automated inventory methods preferred. Hospital or related setting preferred.
- or - Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience
Position is in distribution services. Frequent requirements may include: communication by seeing, talking, listening and writing; and sitting, standing; walking; kneeling, grasping, lifting, pushing and pulling ( up to 500 lbs. With aid of equipment); and climbing stairs and ramps. Occasional requirements may include: standing; walking; squatting; kneeling; grasping; manipulating and lifting boxes up to 50 lbs. Equipment typically utilized frequently includes: forklifts, hand trucks, both hydraulic and manual, carts and other small equipment, including computer related items. Incumbent may be scheduled to work an alternate schedule to accommodate essential business needs routine travel by foot or automobile to alternate work/meeting locations, possibly during inclement weather.
Inside and outside environmental conditions may include: Working conditions involve potential exposure to mechanical, electrical, radiation, noise, fume/odor, chemical, infectious diseases, dust/mites hazards and extreme temperatures. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to each employee when needed as determined by policy. Utilization of PPE is mandatory. Estimated 1700 employees in the worksite.