Environmental Services Worker, Housekeeper
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Environmental Services
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 6:00 am - 2:30 pm
Req # 13022
***$750 SIGN ON BONUS***
To perform environmental cleaning services for the Institution following standards established by Industry Standards, ES Department, and Infectious Control measures to maintain a safe and clean environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
- Gathers and prepares supplies and cleaning solutions to be used in cleaning process stocking the cleaning cart, assigned to them each day, with proper supplies and also works together with other Housekeepers to keep housekeeping closets stocked with necessary supplies, in the areas they clean.
- Performs cleaning functions for area(s), assigned to them each day, which includes but not limited to: vacuuming carpets; dust mopping tile floors; cleaning and disinfecting bathroom surfaces; damp wiping surfaces; wet mopping tile floors using properly diluted chemicals, right cleaning equipment and supplies for each area, and trash removal from the area(s) they are cleaning.
- Cleans the house keeping cart and equipment, used each day, and brings them back down to environmental services storage room storing for the next shift to use them according to department procedures.
- Performs specialty cleaning functions for area(s) assigned to them each day which includes but not limited to: projects such as wall and window washing, cleaning areas that have been vacated, vent cleaning, sweeping stairwells and vacuuming elevator tracks.
- Observes the facility to help Identify potential problem areas and reporting facility or equipment malfunctions, suspicious persons, and safety hazards their ES Lead or Supervisor.
- Removes any biohazard waste containers throughout the facility, as instructed by the ES Lead or Supervisor each day.
- Participates with other housekeepers on work orders requests, requests for setting up or rearranging furniture for meetings in conference rooms and audio-visual equipment as assigned by the ES Lead or Supervisor.
- When assigned, performs linen functions to all patient care areas by delivering clean, removing dirty, maintaining stock at proper levels at each location. Let’s their ES Lead or Supervisor know when orders need to be placed with the vendor. Distributes lab coats from the linen room to Researchers and Docs when in the Linen Room.
- Helps with major cleaning caused by facility problems such as; floods, water pipe breaks, cafeteria spills, accidents, etc.
- May be required to be included in the weekend rotation schedule.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Collaboration: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous Healthcare or Hospitality experience preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure