To perform environmental cleaning services for the Institution following standards established by Industry Standards, ES Department, and Infectious Control measures to maintain a safe and clean environment for patients, staff, and visitors.
1. Gathers and prepares supplies and cleaning solutions to be used in cleaning process stocking their cleaning cart with proper supplies and also to keep their housekeeping closets stocked with necessary supplies.
2. Performs cleaning functions for assigned area(s) which include but not limited to: vacuuming carpets; dust mopping tile floors; cleaning and disinfecting bathroom surfaces; damp wiping surfaces; wet mopping tile floors using properly diluted chemicals, right cleaning equipment and supplies for each area, and removing the trash from their assigned area.
3. Cleans their house keeping carts and equipment used each day and brings them back down to environmental services storage room storing them according to department procedures.
4. Observes their scheduled area/s to help Identify potential problem areas and reporting facility or equipment malfunctions, suspicious persons, and safety hazards to supervisor.
5. Removal of biohazard waste containers throughout their assigned area(s) throughout the facility, daily.
6. Participates with other housekeepers during meetings and conference room setups, as assigned by the ES Supervisor or ES III lead worker
7. Fills in for the other schedules as assigned or needed, by the ES Supervisor or ES III lead worker.
8. Part of the weekend rotation schedule along with the other Housekeepers
1. Helps with major cleaning caused by facility problems such as; floods, water pipe breaks, cafeteria spills, accidents, etc.
1. Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
2. Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
3. Collaboration: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
4. Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
5. Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
6. Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Previous healthcare or hospitality experience preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
The ability to read, write and speak English and basic computer skills.