Food Prep Worker
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Food & Clinical Nutrition
Work Hours: 5:30 am - 2:00 pm
Req # 13706
Golden hours for Food Service! Most hours are Monday through Friday.
National Jewish Health is currently seeking a Food Prep Worker to join our dedicated team in our kitchen and cafeteria. Non-sectarian National Jewish Health is the leading respiratory hospital in the nation. We are known worldwide for the treatment of patients with respiratory, cardiac, immune and related disorders, and for groundbreaking medical research.
This position will have a high level of impact on food prepared and especially focused on protecting patients and kids from allergies and cross-contamination. Our Food Prep Workers collaborate with fellow crewmembers, clinic staff and other health professionals to provide outstanding patient-centered care.
The ideal candidate for this role will thrive working in a fast paced, flexible and fun environment with a focus on detail and quality. Will be knowledgeable about food, deliver positive, professional and compassionate customer service. Will bring strong culinary skills, unsolicited and responsible approach to teamwork. Will be approachable, accountable and coachable. Is motivated and passionate about integrity and enjoys continual learning. Will be aware of any and all safety/quality issues and maintain a productive, reliable and dependable pace every shift.
If food is your passion and you bring conviction to cleanliness, teamwork, planning, drive to cross train and like to mainly work Monday through Friday for breakfast and lunch, our kitchen may be the one for you!
Performs food preparation functions in the kitchen and cafeteria as assigned to provide meals and nourishment for patients, staff and visitors.
- Performs basic cold food preparation for patients, cafeteria, school meals and catering functions.
- Prepares and assembles food items and supplies for patient room service, cafeteria food stations and beverages.
- Prepares and serves breakfast foods, grilled and hot food items from steam table per customer request.
- Sets up the dessert counter, breakfast bar and salad bar daily.
- Performs as a back up to staff absences and vacancies, as necessary.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountably for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration; Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities, crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Managing Work and Time Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Work Experience: None
- Special Training, Certification or Licensure: None