Performs cleaning and sanitizing of all food preparation and meal service equipment following standards and procedures established by the department to safeguard the health of staff, patients and visitors.
- Performs cleaning and sanitizing of all dishes, pots and pans including: scraping, rinsing and loading dishes into dish machine, unloading, stacking and putting clean dishes and utensils away in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Performs cleaning and sanitizing of kitchen and cafeteria areas, equipment, dish room and floors.
- Empties trash and replaces trashcan liners in the kitchen and cafeteria.
- Performs as a back up to staff absences and vacancies, as necessary.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountably for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration: Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Managing Work and Time Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.