National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/School Denver, COPool/Per Diem (no benefits)Work Hours:
7:30 am - 3:30 pmReq # 13462
National Jewish Health is currently seeking a Guest Teacher to join our Morgridge Academy Team. Do you want to make a huge difference in the lives of children who have illnesses? Morgridge Academy is a free K-8 school for children with chronic health issues located on the campus of NJH. This important role provides education to children in a medically safe environment when our teachers need to be out of the building. This is a flexible, pool/variable hour position. The individual selected for this position will work with other team members and independently, depending on student need.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working with both adults and children in an innovative and nurturing environment. Prior teaching experience is preferred but not required.
If you believe in working for a school where we make an impact every day, we invite you to join our team!
To instruct students in a variety of academic subjects.
1. Instructs students in Academic or Fine Arts.
2. Corrects and grades schoolwork, homework and test.
3. Monitors student's physical condition and reports all concerns to nursing staff.
4. May meet with parents to discuss school progress and make recommendations.
5. Maintain student confidentiality and any other confidential information that is obtained during the performance of duties.
6. After school and evenings events may occasionally be necessary.
7. Assist with supervision of students during lunch, recess and between classes.
8. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
2. Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
3. Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
4. Responds promptly and sincerely to customer's needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
5. Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
6. Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
7. Incorporates National Jewish's identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Knowledge and Skills
Dealing with emotionally disturbed children or children with learning disabilities.
Bachelor degree with Colorado teaching certification required.
Certification and Licensure
A minimum of one (1) year, preferred. Experience with chronically ill children also preferred.
- or - Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience
Position is an office environment. Frequent requirements may include: sitting for extended periods, entering and manipulating data on a workstation computer and participating in team/executive meetings. Approximately 75% of daily responsibilities will be working both one-on-one and in teams with other personnel and extended one-on-one contact in a quiet environment where hearing and listening is paramount. Must possess the ability to communicate by observation, verbal, written and listening; standing; walking; climbing stairs; stooping to remove/replace files; good hand-eye coordination; lifting, pulling, pushing, and upper body twisting while handling supplies and equipment; sitting while completing paperwork; using keyboard for PC and word processing needs. Occasional requirements may include: stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and lift/move up to 25 pounds. Incumbent may be scheduled to work an alternate schedule to accommodate essential business needs routine travel by foot or automobile to alternate work/meeting locations, possibly during inclement weather.
No environmental conditions indicated. Professional office environment with time of each day spent in interaction with management/staff, in addition to planning and working autonomously. Requires teamwork and the ability to handle multiple interruptions; frequently fast-paced; high-pressure; occasionally variable-paced; variable pressure. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to each employee when needed as determined by policy. Utilization of PPE is mandatory. Estimated 1500 employees in the worksite.