HVAC Technician (Sub-Journeyman)
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Plant Services
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 6:30am - 3:00pm
Req # 12514
***$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS***
Some call it a career. For us it’s a calling.
National Jewish Health is currently seeking an HVAC Technician (Sub-Journeyman) to join our Plant Services team. The candidate selected for this role will be a dependable team player who has attention to detail, a desire to learn and a safety oriented mindset.
This position will impact the institution by maintaining various HVAC systems to provide a comfortable and safe environment for patients and staff.
The ideal candidate will display positive working relationships as a team member through problem solving issues while increasing their knowledge with HVAC and focusing on customer service and diversity with the many people they come in contact with each day.
As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, National Jewish Health is pioneering a new era of preventive and personalized medicine. By combining our efforts in comprehensive care, academic education and ground-breaking research, we're able to develop treatments that help our patients live more productive lives. If you believe in Science Transforming Life, we invite you to join our team.
For more information about National Jewish Health and our mission, vision, values and culture, please visit: http://jobs.nationaljewish.org/
- Listens and communicates effectively with the Lead HVAC and the Journeymen in the HVAC shop on a daily basis to understand assignments and schedules, allowing time enough to complete the tasks, to meet needs of the campus.
- Maintains mechanical-electrical equipment pertaining to HVAC including pumps, valves, compressors, controls, fans, and electrical motors.
- Performs refrigeration maintenance and repairs on small refrigeration equipment and assists Journeyman on more skilled and difficult maintenance and repairs, as well as new installations learning the techniques from the Journeyman.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment throughout the Facility and completes documentation that is generated from our computerized Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Fills in as part of the On-Call rotation for Facilities as scheduled.
- Cleans and maintains all HVAC shop tools and equipment, keeping the HVAC shop neat, clean, and organized, with the various special tools and supplies in their proper places (that he or she uses on a daily basis).
- Communicates verbally and writing down needed supplies that are running low, as well as any damaged tools or equipment that need to be repaired or replaced.
- Responsible for filling out work orders for projects assigned to this position with all necessary information and especially material used.
- Part of the snow removal team, cleaning the sidewalks leading into our buildings, using a show shovel during snow storms.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Collaboration: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.