Lab Researcher Technician - Levy Lab
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Pediatrics Research
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: Varies
Req # 13121
The Levy lab has recently joined National Jewish Health and is seeking a motivated and collaborative Lab Researcher Technician to join their team. The Levy lab uses bench and bioinformatics tools to identify and define molecular pathways of genes that are correlated with lung disease severity in cystic fibrosis.
The ideal candidate will effectively:
- Execute experiments following protocols and compile accurate research records and present data in group settings.
- Build their scientific knowledge by reading relevant articles and attending seminars and will also
- Demonstrate initiative in solving problems and implementing laboratory procedures.
- Conduct literature searches for the development of grant proposals.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external agencies and vendors.
- Collaborate with faculty and senior lab members in the performance and analysis of complex research studies.
- Ability to perform RNA isolations, labeling, array hybridizations, clone sequencing, and confirmatory RT-PCR as well as genotyping.
The ideal candidate will possess knowledge of:
- Laboratory immunology, molecular biology, histology and genotyping.
- DNA sequencing, cDNA
- Affymetrics microarray
- RNA Sequencing
- Nanostring expression array techniques
- Cell culture and data analysis
- FACS analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
The position performs as an entry level technician under the direction of a Principal Investigator or Laboratory Manager which may include assisting in collecting, tabulating and analyzing research data.
- Performs routine laboratory tests under the direction of a Principal Investigator or Lab Manager.
- Collects, accurately records and analyzes data in conjunction with other research staff.
- Obtains and maintains minimum proficiency in data analysis, preparation of glassware, extraction and plating procedures, basic programming and mathematical ordering systems. May utilize computer.
- Maintains compliance with all institutional/safety training requirements.
- Maintains laboratory records, supplies and samples in an organized manner (such as a laboratory notebook and sample storage record).
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Laboratory Knowledge: Demonstrates and understands laboratory testing and methodology.
- Decision Quality: Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgement. Sought out by others for advice and solutions.
- Adaptability: Maintains effectiveness in the midst of change in work responsibilities or environment, requirements ambiguity, or stress.
- Problem Solving: Uses issue identification, data relation and comparison, pattern recognition and information gathering to create analyses and make recommendations.
- Informing/Communicating: Conveys ideas, responses, or instructions effectively, appropriately, and persuasively through writing or speech.
- Professional Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
BS /BA degree, a demonstrated basic knowledge of laboratory procedures, laboratory equipment, and data collection /classification required.