To function as a management member of Clinical Research Services providing leadership to the Cystic Fibrosis (CF) team in the implementation and coordination of clinical research.
- Manages and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, interviews, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors, evaluates, coaches, counsels, disciplines, and rewards. Establishes and monitors staff safety and regulatory compliance.
- Manages the conduct of clinical research consistent with institutional and department policies and standards, sponsor requirements and regulatory obligations.
- Coordinates the conduct of research and serves as liaison with clinical team, other sites and external stakeholders in all phases of study planning, recruitment, implementation, and execution.
- Oversees all aspects of clinical research including patient safety and regulatory requirements. Provides expertise in support of protocol and informed consent development. Assists in developing budgets and monitors the financial status of studies.
- Represents the Cystic Fibrosis Research Program at meetings of the CF Foundation Therapeutic Development Network (CFF TDN) and regularly updates clinical research study progress status to the CFF TDN coordinating center.
- Assists student volunteers and trainees in development and implementation of research protocols.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Talent Management for Leaders: Clearly establishes and communicates expectations and accountabilities; monitors and evaluates performance; provides effective feedback and coaching; identifies development needs and helps employees address them to achieve optimal performance.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
Manages 5-10 employees
Up to 10%
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Advanced certification such as Registered Dietician (RD), Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (RN) preferred. MS in Biology, Chemistry, Behavioral Science, Science, Health, Nursing, or related field, preferred.
A minimum of ten years of clinical and/or clinical research experience, with one year of experience in CF. A minimum of one year of managerial/supervisory experience is required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Current CPR/BLS certification required. Clinical Research Coordinator Certification preferred.