Works independently under the direction of the Associate Director, Educational Strategy to identify and develop continuing education business opportunities, programmatic concepts and educational grant proposals to generate revenues aligned with budgetary projections. Responsible for business development and securing funding for accredited continuing medical education programs and initiatives through the design and development of grant and business proposals. Develops relationships with and serves as a liaison for partners, commercial supporters, grant administrators and other organizations to maximize funding and collaboration opportunities related to National Jewish Health educational programs. Experience in writing grants or business development proposals required.
- Identify and develop continuing medical education business opportunities, strategic partnerships and potential growth opportunities.
- Research funding sources and RFP opportunities in various therapeutic areas.
- Pursues grant and funding requests to pharmaceutical companies and other funding sources.
- Stays updated on new educational formats, adult learning theory and programmatic ideas.
- Develops clear proposals, budgets, and supporting documentation for proposals.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with NJH faculty and departments to identify new areas for program development.
- Remain current and seek opportunities to participate within and among the CME/CE community at large.
- Participate in presentations of capabilities and/or outcomes reports to supporters and other stakeholders.
- Develop strategic and grant submission plan to ensure sales and revenue goals are met.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Building Strategic Relationships: Identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships between one’s area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations to help achieve business goals.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Creativity and Innovation: Applies creative problem-solving skills to develop solutions to problems; recognizes and demonstrates the value in taking "smart" risks and learning from mistakes; develops multiple alternatives and understands the feasibility of each; effectively shares and implements his/her ideas. Generates innovative solutions in work situations; tries different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities.
- Managing Work and Time/Project Management: Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments when needed.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred in English, Marketing, Public Health, Continuing Education, Business or related field.
A minimum of 5 years of continuing medical education, sales, business development, marketing or similar experience required. Experience in continuing medical education preferred. Experience in writing grants or business development proposals required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Certified Healthcare Continuing Professional Development Professional (CHCP) preferred.