Manager, Program Patient Services
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Patient Admin Services
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8a - 5p
Req # 12572
The Manager of Program Services and Physician Scheduling teams ensures National Jewish Health patients are seen in the proper clinical environment where the administrative, financial viability and scheduling processes for patient visit coordination is in place prior to care.
Responsible for all operational aspects and workflows supporting the Program Patient Services, physician scheduling availability. This role works closely with clinical and ancillary leadership to ensure availability of multidisciplinary services is provided to all patients in an effort to maximize the patient care experience.
- Manages and develops an effective staff: providing effective communication, leadership, guidance and resources. Determines staff qualifications and competency: recruits, interviews, selects, hires, trains, orients, mentors, evaluates, coaches, counsels, disciplines, and rewards. Establishes and monitors staff safety and regulatory compliance.
- Manages the Program Patient experience ensuring that patients have a high-quality, well-coordinated experience from first moment of contact. Coordinates with patient financial services, nursing, ancillary managers and physicians to ensure that patient needs are met and communicated effectively in a timely manner.
- Manages the program patient team including Patient Administrative Coordinators (PACs) team and Executive Patient Ambassadors (EPAs) ensuring effectiveness and efficiency of the program.
- Maintains strong working relationships with physicians, nurses and ancillary managers to ensure the effectiveness of the program for internal as well as external customers.
- Assess and manages physician and ancillary resources to meet the needs of Program patients. Working closely with Physician Scheduling, Clinical and Ancillary leadership teams to provide adequate appointment availability in support of delivering the best comprehensive, multidisciplinary care to our patients.
- Develops and produces routine and ad hoc reporting to support departmental and institutional strategic goals providing feedback to staff and leadership.
- Evaluates workflow and implements new processes to enhance departmental efficiency and overall customer service improvements.
- Develops policies and procedures that guide the provision of services. Ensures adherence to organizational policies and periodically reviews policies and procedures making recommendations for changes where necessary.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Talent Management for Leaders: Clearly establishes and communicates expectations and accountabilities; monitors and evaluates performance; provides effective feedback and coaching; identifies development needs and helps employees address them to achieve optimal performance.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree, BA required. Healthcare Administration, preferred.
A Minimum of seven (7) years leadership or management experience in Healthcare Operations and Administration, required.
-or- Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure