Implements marketing tactics to sustain and strengthen marketing strategies for the institution. Provides comprehensive support with daily activities using independent judgment and creativity. Develops and implements assigned projects and is responsible for collaborating with manager to set goals and then reporting on success of projects. Leads assigned service line marketing and communications initiatives. Writes and contributes to organization’s content needs for assigned project areas and web. Essential to the job are strong communication, writing, project management and organizational skills.
1. Works with Senior Marketing Manager to support institution’s marketing strategies.
2. Develops and implements marketing activities for all internal and external key audiences, including consumers, physicians and patients to address marketing priorities.
3. Provides project management, planning and evaluation for assigned projects.
4. Writes/edits copy for a variety of business purposes, including website content, social media posts, brochures, letters, newsletters, advertisements, etc.
5. Serves as Service Line lead for assigned areas. Builds and executes appropriate marketing plans to meet needs in these areas.
6. Works collaboratively with communications & marketing department colleagues and other departments to set goals and implement tactics. Seeks feedback on projects and proactively revises when necessary to assure results.
7. Recommends and implements projects that fall within determined timelines and budgets.
8. Collaborates with web team to increase and strategically employ content strategy (web, social) for the advancement of service line business.
9. Monitors the external environment to understand market dynamics and applies this knowledge to marketing projects. Understands and protects the brand in all work managed. Collaborates with Design Studio to ensure that collateral and all materials meet brand standards and are produced effectively and efficiently.
10. Coordinates assigned special events and works with other teams within organization to implement.
11. Manages special projects as assigned.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
2. Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
3. Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
4. Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
5. Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
6. Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
7. Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Knowledge and Skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills and presentation skills are required. Incumbent must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Word. CMS and data analytics experience preferred. Capacity to establish and maintain constructive business relationships with internal and external customers while maintaining integrity and confidentiality. Must be a positive, professional team player and have the ability to handle multiple projects at once.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
Certification and Licensure
Valid Driver’s License required.
Three to five (3-5) years of recent and related experience in a marketing or communications position or required. Some experience in a health care, hospital or managed care environment preferred. Strong writing, content development and project management skills preferred.
- or - Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience
Position is in an office environment. Frequent requirements may include: sitting for extended periods, entering and manipulating data on a workstation computer and participating in team/executive meetings. Approximately 75% of daily responsibilities will be working both one-on-one and in teams with other personnel and extended one-on-one contact in a quiet environment where hearing and listening is paramount. Must possess the ability to communicate by observation, verbal, written and listening; standing; walking; climbing stairs; stooping to remove/replace files; good hand-eye coordination; lifting, pulling, pushing, and upper body twisting while handling supplies and equipment; sitting while completing paperwork; using keyboard for PC and word processing needs. Occasional requirements may include: stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and lift/move up to 25 pounds. Incumbent may be scheduled to work an alternate schedule to accommodate essential business needs; routine travel by foot or automobile to alternate work/meeting locations may be required, possibly during inclement weather.
No environmental conditions indicated. Professional office environment with time of each day spent in interaction with management/staff, in addition to planning and working autonomously. Requires teamwork and the ability to handle multiple interruptions; frequently fast-paced; high-pressure; occasionally variable-paced; variable pressure. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to each employee when needed as determined by policy. Utilization of PPE is mandatory. Estimated 1700 employees in the worksite.