Medical Front Office Representative - Highlands Ranch, CO
National Jewish Health/National Jewish Health - Highlands Ranch Clinic/Highlands Ranch Clinic
Highlands Ranch, CO
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 12651
Some call it a career. For us it’s a calling.
National Jewish Health is currently seeking a Medical Front Office Representative to join our patient focused, multispecialty clinic team located in Highlands Ranch.
The candidate selected for this position will be able to thrive in a fast paced environment while focusing on detail and quality. The ideal candidate will be passionate about customer service and have the ability to problem solve while multi-tasking.
As the first point of contact for our patients, this positon represents the face of National Jewish Health. They will collaborate with physicians and staff to ensure an outstanding patient experience.
As the leading respiratory hospital in the nation, National Jewish Health is pioneering a new era of preventive and personalized medicine. By combining our efforts in comprehensive care, academic education and ground-breaking research, we're able to develop treatments that help our patients live more productive lives. If you believe in Breathing Science is Life, we invite you to join our team.
This position schedules patient appointments for physician and ancillary services. Collects all necessary patient demographics, consents, clinical and insurance information. Maintains communications with both patients and clinical staff regarding scheduling issues.
- Greets customers upon entry to the clinic. Answers calls providing information and/or directing patient calls to appropriate departments.
- Collects all necessary patient demographic, consents, copays, insurance and clinical information and updates changes when needed. Obtains proper signatures on consents and face sheets. Able to articulate verbiage from consents to patients to their understanding.
- Schedules new and follow up appointments using symptoms, physician orders, and clinical information collected. Determines which physician and/or clinic can best serve the patient. Schedules patient appointments for physician and ancillary services in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepares charts for the next business day. Ensures that the patient’s insurance allows them to be seen with scheduled physician at National Jewish Health. Confirms that referrals for clinic services are obtained and current. Verifies Medicaid eligibility daily.
- Communicates with clinicians to ensure that patient appointments are accurately ordered and scheduled. Manages physician schedules as assigned to ensure that schedules are full and accurate. Updates and Maintains patient waitlist.
- Maintains communications with patients to keep them apprised of the status of their appointments. Acts as a problem solver with patients, physicians and clinic staff.
- Monitors all aspects of individual patient schedules for continuity of appointments and appropriate prerequisite appointments.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and self-reviews all work for accuracy in all systems, including: Tempus, Affinity, EMR, Touchscan, Virtual Merchant, and Passport.
- Maintains appropriate level of knowledge regarding NJH clinical operations, insurance procedures, and clinical terminology and coding practices. Maintains appropriate level of expertise with the Registration and Scheduling systems.
- Ensures all opening and closing procedures are completed each day.
- Additional responsibilities include: working reports, reconciling billing sheets, scanning, new patient packets, and working tasks.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Associates degree in business, nursing or health care administration, preferred.
A minimum of two (2) or more years of recent and related experience in a health care or customer service environment required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure