To accurately retrieve and file medical records utilizing the terminal digit filing system. This includes, but is not limited to: scanning, indexing, transporting, and retrieving medical records within the facility and patient care areas to the EMR in a timely manner.
- Locates, retrieves, and files medical records utilizing the terminal digit system and computerized chart location system in order to answer requests from medical, nursing, research, and ancillary staff. Maintains and controls flow of information between the clinic and medical records for all appointments.
- Scans individual patient documentation into the appropriate electronic medical record on a daily basis. Analyzes records in accordance with department policy and procedure, to include accurate filing of the patient’s documents. Provides scan on demand services when requested by the clinic, physician, or patient.
- Researches missing records and provides them to clinic for patient care activities; this may include calling staff, going to staff offices or patient care areas and retrieving paper charts.
- Retrieves records and loose filing from designated areas for scanning for processing within the department. Delivers records or requested charts to appropriate locations.
- Submits daily productivity statistics and performs quality assurance.
- Performs as a back-up to staff absences and vacancies, as necessary.
- Processes documentation for deceased patients, requests for merges, and pulls records from Saint Joseph Hospital for referrals as needed.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintain a perspective that is ready to change if needed for the common good of the work goals including adjusting to work structures, technologies, processes, job requirements, or cultures. Able to do other functions or scanning within the department when needed or requested.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Mindful of the common goals of the team and National Jewish Health in regard to applying skill and knowledge to create a team that is friendly and cooperative. Helping each other to reach desired goals.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacting with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner regardless of individual differences. Assists ream members and co-workers to achieve personal goals and completing personal or departmental assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
A minimum of one (1) year experience in a medical records department or medical setting preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure