The Elementary Special Education Paraprofessional supports the educational, behavioral, social-emotional, physical and daily living needs of elementary students with disabilities in integrated, resource, self-contained and community settings.
- The Elementary Special Education Paraprofessional supports the educational, behavioral, social-emotional, physical and daily living needs of elementary students with disabilities in integrated, resource, self-contained and community settings.
- Assists in conducting testing and assessment, multi-media activities, record-keeping, computer operation, discipline, and other activities. May assist with lifting and transporting of students, as well as daily living activities such as toileting, diapering, feeding, and personal hygiene as trained and directed.
- Provides instruction and services for students who frequently present with multiple disabilities. Curriculum emphasis is in skill development in the domain areas of: basic skills and concepts (including functional academics), recreation and leisure, community, vocational and domestic. Motor, communication and social skills are infused throughout all areas.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School/GED required. Associates or Bachelors in Education preferred
Special Training, Certification or Licensure