Patient Accounts Receivable Specialist
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Finance
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00 am - 5:00pm
Req # 12722
Prepares, processes, and researches all payment receipts for patient and client receivable accounts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Processes payments, adjustments and denials received through all deposit sources including but not limited to lockbox, internal mail, 835 ERA files, ACH, and wire’s timely and accurately.
- Processes co-payments including verification and deposit preparation daily.
- Balances posted deposits and adjustments completed to the appropriate system on a daily basis.
- Records all posted activity on appropriate logs and links images as needed.
- Verifies patient deposit information daily from processing bank activity.
- Monitors and responds as needed to all correspondence received through e-mail, phone, voicemail, and departmental communication sources in a timely manner.
- Researches and corrects errors, which cause misappropriated funds.
- Applies undistributed payments to appropriate accounts after reviewing applicable documentation.
- Processes returned mail and prepare exhibit material for imaging as determined necessary.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing task by consider all area involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and task; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Decision Making: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of one (1) year related experience required.
- General accounting and banking knowledge preferred.
- General knowledge of medical billing, insurance, and insurance remits, and coding preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.