Change the world, one interaction at time.
We are looking for a Scheduling Customer Service Representative to join our fun, fast-paced and passionate team of Patient Access professionals. (Yes, we said fun.that’s right! We love what we do!)
The ideal candidate will bring a strong customer-focus, with adaptability, quality-orientation and a proven track record of customer service, kindness and compassion.
National Jewish Health is the #1 respiratory research and treatment center in the nation (ranked by US News & World Report) and a leader in allergic, immune and related conditions. For 119 years, National Jewish Health has been on the forefront of discovery and care.
This role will bring a mission-oriented approach to full-circle communication that will support our commitment to serve our patients while finding cures and better treatments for the areas of respiratory, oncology, cardiac and other serious conditions.
**Bilingual in Spanish highly desired.**
· Schedule patient appointments for physician and ancillary services.
· Accurately collect all necessary patient demographic and insurance information.
· Maintain communications with both patients and clinical staff regarding scheduling issues.
1. Provides excellent customer service to patients, co-workers, physicians and clinical staff.
2. Collects all necessary patient demographic, insurance and clinical information and updates changes when needed.
3. Schedules new patient appointment using symptoms and clinical information collected. Determines which physician and/or clinic can best serve the patient. Schedules patient appointments for physician and ancillary services in a timely and accurate manner.
4. Accurately update and maintain patient wait list.
5. Refers patients to financial counseling, if necessary.
6. Communicates with utilization management if necessary to ensure that services are authorized prior to the scheduled appointment.
7. Enters physician orders and clinical details into the Registration order entry system in a timely and accurate manner.
8. Notifies admissions department of need for direct patient contact and follow up.
9. Communicates with clinicians to ensure that patient appointments are accurately ordered and scheduled. Manages physician schedules as assigned to ensure that schedules are full and accurate.
10. Maintains communications with patients to keep them apprised of the status of their appointments. Acts as a problem solver with patients, clinicians and departments to ensure that scheduling is performed with the highest level of customer service. Monitors all aspects of individual patient schedules for continuity of appointments and appropriate prerequisite appointments.
11. Self-reviews scheduled appointments to ensure account is correctly set up. Serves as a backup for other personnel in the Adult Administrative Services Department.
12. Maintains appropriate level of knowledge regarding NJH clinical operations, insurance procedures, and clinical terminology. Maintains appropriate level of expertise with the Registration systems, Scheduling system, and Electronic Medical Record system
Knowledge and Skills
· This person will need to possess effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills, including handling difficult customers.
· Strong problem resolution skills.
· Effective computer skills
· Strong typing: minimum of 40 words per minute.
· Experience prioritizing and organizing work in an environment with frequent interruptions.
High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
· One (1) year Customer Service and/or Call Center experience required.
· Prior experience in a medical office is preferred.
· Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills is required.
· Must possess good problem-solving, negotiation, and time management skills.
Scheduling, schedule, scheduler, "customer service", phone, phones, lines, administrative, admin, assistant, medical, office, "office management", appointments, account, "account set up", communication, "communications specialist", admission, admissions, discharge, discharges