Patient Service Representative - Sleep Clinic
National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Sleep Clinic Facility
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Req # 13143
Serves as the primary contact for patients, physicians and staff regarding the administrative aspects of a patient visit or service. Coordinates registration, scheduling and insurance functions as applicable to ensure efficient provision of patient care.
1. Coordinates the administrative aspects of patient clinic visits and services including scheduling, insurance verification to include financial counseling, third-party authorization and charge entry, mailing of required forms and materials prior to the scheduled appointment. As appropriate, educates potential patients about the visit or service.
2. Accurate data entry of patient demographic information including insurance information to facilitate accurate clinical billing for the patient clinic visit or service. As appropriate, collects co-pays as applicable and provides patient with receipt.
3. Answers, screens and routes phone calls, which includes taking messages. Obtains patient records as needed and processes.
4. As applicable, maintains proficiency in department information systems and software applications.
5. Manages associated tasks in the EHR and other diagnostic systems.
6. Coordinates communication between clinical and administrative team members and acts as a resource to patient and staff regarding administrative requirements.
1. Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
2. Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
3. Patient Relations: Meeting patient and patient family needs; taking responsibility for a patient's safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes; using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
4. Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
5. Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
1. Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
2. Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
3. Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
4. Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
5. Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
6. Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
7. Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
8. Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
A minimum of two (2) years of recent and related experience in a medical office (or other healthcare) setting required. Experience in healthcare finance particularly in the areas of admissions and third-party insurance is desirable. Customer service experience is preferred.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure