National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Rehab Services
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Req # 13052
Transports patients, specimens, and equipment throughout the facility. The patient transporter transports patients to and from clinic or ancillary areas using carts, wheelchairs, and beds. Moving and lifting of patients is also a responsibility of the transporter.
- Transports patients via wheelchair, stretcher or bed to designated sites as requested, including patients with oxygen tanks, intravenous pumps, drips, monitors and other equipment.
- Assists patients with entering and exiting vehicles, including transfer from or to wheelchairs or stretchers.
- Delivers equipment and specimens to requesting staff or department. Greets and provides information and direction to patients and visitors.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time. Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Energy: Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Initiative: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Prefer some hospital or clinical experience, but not required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure
Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider.