National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Patient Admission Call Center
Pool/Per Diem (no benefits)
Work Hours: 12:30-9:00
Req # 12892
To operate telecommunications equipment in an efficient and professional manner. To consistently maintain effective and diplomatic communications with Institution staff, patients and customers.
- Operates the switchboard, which includes receiving, placing and transferring local, domestic and international phone calls. Records and maintains a record of caller, destination of calls on restricted extensions as directed. Provides system or directory related information.
- Completes long distance, conference and international calls and logs as directed.
- Responds rapidly and appropriately to Code-Blue calls, and all other emergencies. Notifies proper staff regarding fire or disaster alert.
- Performs paging functions.
- Coordinates the delivery or dispatch of products to their proper destinations including registered mail and air express packages.
- Maintains records or logs related to calls or other required information.
- Performs clerical or data processing functions as requested.
- Assists staff, visitors and patients by providing directions to various Institution personnel, offices, rooms, departments and locations when at the Main Lobby.
- Promotes and maintains open communication with all patients regardless of age.
- Accountability: Accepts full responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish Health.
- Business Acumen: Using economic, financial, market, and industry data to understand and improve business results; using one’s understanding of major business functions, industry trends, and own organization’s position to contribute to effective business strategies and tactics.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor; values the contributions of others.
- Customer Focus: Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers’ and own organization’s needs.
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner, regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing assignments.
Supervisory or Managerial Responsibility
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge visibly.
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all institutional and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other regulatory agency requirements.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
A Minimum of six (6) months of recent and related telecommunications experience required.
Special Training, Certification or Licensure