National Jewish Health/*National Jewish Health - Main Campus/Patient Admission Call Center
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Work Hours: 12:30-9:00
Req # 13225
To operate telecommunications equipment in an efficient and professional manner. To consistently maintain effective and diplomatic communications with Institution staff, patients and customers.
- Operates the switchboard, which includes receiving, placing and transferring local, domestic and international phone calls. Records and maintains a record of caller, destination of calls on restricted extensions as directed. Provides system or directory related information.
- Completes long distance, conference and international calls and logs as directed.
- Responds rapidly and appropriately to Code-Blue calls, and all other emergencies. Notifies proper staff regarding fire or disaster alert.
- Performs paging functions.
- Coordinates the delivery or dispatch of products to their proper destinations including registered mail and air express packages.
- Maintains records or logs related to calls or other required information.
- Performs clerical or data processing functions as requested.
- Assists staff, visitors and patients by providing directions to various Institution personnel, offices, rooms, departments and locations when at the Main Lobby.
- Promotes and maintains open communication with all patients regardless of age.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Performs, as directed, safety compliance and uses Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), as needed.
- Participates in Quality Assessment (QA) and Quality Improvement (QI) programs, as directed.
- Ensures compliance with The Joint Commission and all other Federal, State and Regulatory Agencies.
- Responds promptly and sincerely to customer’s needs, requests and concerns via all communication forms using easily understood language and refraining from using inappropriate language and non-verbal gestures.
- Maintains positive working relationships as a team player through problem solving issues, speaking positively about others, listening attentively and observing the Patient Bill of Rights and Confidentiality.
- Increases customer service knowledge, skill and ability by participating in department and institution-wide specific programs.
- Incorporates National Jewish’s identity (Science Transforming Life®) into daily functions. Speaks positively about the institution, provides customers with prompt service, maintains a clean and safe working environment, dresses appropriately based upon National Jewish safety standards, and departmental policies and wears an ID badge visibly.
Knowledge and Skills
Effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills. Experience operating PBX, computer and
emergency telecommunications Equipment. Note: Incumbents in these positions staff a 16 hour/ 7-days-
per-week operation, And may work a variety of day, evening or weekend shift schedules
including but not limited to: a regular 40 hours-per-week; regular part-time (at least 20
hours but less than 40 hours per week); and On-call with a guarantee of 20 or more
hours per week while working a diverse work schedule, which includes day, evening and
High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Certification and Licensure
A Minimum of six (6) months of recent and related telecommunications experience required.
- or - Any equivalent combination of Education and/or Experience
Position is an office environment. Frequent requirements may include: sitting for extended periods, entering and manipulating data on a workstation computer and participating in team/executive meetings. Approximately 75% of daily responsibilities will be working both one-on-one and in teams with other personnel and extended one-on-one contact in a quiet environment where hearing and listening is paramount. Must possess the ability to communicate by observation, verbal, written and listening; standing; walking; climbing stairs; stooping to remove/replace files; good hand-eye coordination; lifting, pulling, pushing, and upper body twisting while handling supplies and equipment; sitting while completing paperwork; using keyboard for PC and word processing needs. Occasional requirements may include: stand, walk, use hands to manipulate, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and lift/move up to 25 pounds. Incumbent may be scheduled to work an alternate schedule to accommodate essential business needs routine travel by foot or automobile to alternate work/meeting locations, possibly during inclement weather.
No environmental conditions indicated. Professional office environment with time of each day spent in interaction with management/staff, in addition to planning and working autonomously. Requires teamwork and the ability to handle multiple interruptions; frequently fast-paced; high-pressure; occasionally variable-paced; variable pressure. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) will be provided to each employee when needed as determined by policy. Utilization of PPE is mandatory. Estimated 1500 employees in the worksite.